Welcome to Magickal-Musings!

Greetings All ~

I thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll make yourself comfortable & stay a while. I have a great many things to share that I believe are interesting & I hope that you will find them interesting as well. Please friend me also on Facebook. I'm there under "Nefer Khepri" & I hope you will also visit my site, Magickal-Musings.com. I wish you all many blessings.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Learning How to Perform Candle Magic





"The two most powerful tools in a witch's arsenal are:  the mind and candles" ~
   Mena Aleman, curandera. 



 

If you're interested in learning a tried and true method of how to perform candle magic for yourself, then by all means, read on.

As many of you know, I have been in business at my site, http://www.magickal-musings.com/ for over 10 years, since 1997, in fact.  I began by offering tarot readings and expanded into performing candle magic for people around the world from all walks of life. 

My knowledge of candle magic comes from a variety of sources.  My paternal great-grandmother was a well known curandera (white witch & healer) in Michoacan, Mexico.  I never knew her, unfortunately, but one of my aunts taught me what my great-grandmother had taught her.  This part of my knowledge consists mainly of methods for cleansing a person or location of negative energy and then healing that person's energy so they are closed to further psychic attacks and demonic exorcism.  

In 1981 I began to read books on Wicca and I gathered more knowledge, mainly from the books of Scott Cunningham and Silver Ravenwolf.  I began practicing candle magic for myself and found that eventually, through trial and error (and believe me, there were LOTS of errors!) my candle magic began to get me positive results. 

I went through a huge learning process that began in 1979 with my aunt and continued well into the mid-90s.  During that time I met other magical practitioners who were kind enough to share valuable information and also their own personal methods of candle magic with me.  From every source over the years I took what resonated or felt "right" to me, and worked towards combining it into the coherent system that I use today for myself and clients around the world.

I am often asked in email to recommend books on candle magic or I'm asked to tell someone how to do it for themselves.  It's an involved topic and no one can cover it in a single email.  I explain this and then I always recommend two books, that in my opinion are still to this day the best on the subject of introductory magic and Wicca in particular.  I have used these books as textbooks for my 9-part Wicca 101 course that I used to teach out of my home.  

These books are:

Wicca
To Ride a Silver BroomstickWicca:  A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner, by Scott Cunningham 
 ~ and ~  
To Ride a Silver Broomstick, by Silver Ravenwolf.  

Both are still widely available. You can even find them in used bookstores if you enjoy a good book hunt.  The cover design is new so used copies will have a different cover, but the content is the same.

 

Candle magic is expansive in that you can add to it by using it along with various other methods and tools.  For example, were you aware that you can quite successfully combine tarot cards with candle magic?  The use of particular tarot cards that contain the energies of the changes you are attempting to manifest add a tremendous amount of energy to your candle work, plus they also help you focus on your desires while you're preparing your candles and performing the spell, or what I prefer to call, enchantment.  The best book I have ever come across on combining tarot cards with candle magic is by Janina Renee, Tarot Spells.  It is also still widely available and can be found used, as well. 
For someone who wants to start learning how to perform candle magic for themselves and is also interested in Wicca, I highly recommend these three books far above any others.

There have been more people than ever before emailing me for information on how to perform candle magic for themselves.  I have always striven to empower my clients to do things for themselves, even if that often results in less business for me.  An empowered client is a happy client, and if my clients are happy, then I'm happy and I consider it a job well done.  I'm not one of those practitioners who treats all this information like a big, dark, arcane secret known only to an handful of initiates.  In fact, I abhor that type of behavior in others.  The information is out there, but it's separated into many different sources.  I have never found a book about magic that I consider to be absolutely complete.  Whether that is intentional or not by the authors, I have no idea, but it has proven to me to be frustrating over the years and without a personal mentor other than my aunt, that's why it took me so many years to perfect my method of candle magic before I could begin to offer it to the public through my web site.

For the first time since 1998 I am making my method available to all who are interested.  I plan to begin a candle magic course online.  Participants will have access to me in email at AOL and also if you are on Facebook you will have access to a group I will be creating specifically for those who have enrolled in the course.  There will be a one-time enrollment fee to cover my time and energy I'll be expending for this endeavor and I shall keep it very economical - under $50 per person.  The group will be a place where questions & ideas can be shared & discussed, that will add a whole other dimension to your learning experience.  If you are interested, please email me so I can get a list going.  Also, if you do plan on joining us and you're not on Facebook already, please establish an account for yourself so when the time comes I can add you to the group I'll be creating.  Set up is easy at Facebook.com, and once you are set up there don't forget to send me a friend request.  I'm on Facebook as Nefer Khepri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings! Magickal-Musings-com is a place of love and light so all I ask is you keep your posts positive. Thanks :)